June 5-7, 2020
Friday through Sunday Actual Photography Shoot Days
Limited to Eight Photographers Only
$1499 Early Bird Price – Save $500 Now!
We will provide for your use photography lighting gear to include portable studio flash plus SUNBOUNCE Pro and Mini reflectors with Silver, Zebra and Sparkling Sun fabric screens, the SUNBOUNCE Sun-Swatter and Sun-Cage, plus all C-stands and sand bags as needed.
Maui Glamour Photography Workshop Overview
We’re back in Maui for another fashion, glamour, and beauty photography workshop in 2020. Plan to stay in the Kihei area and you may bring your spouse too for after adventure hours enjoyment. Come early or stay longer and make it a vacation! Come have fun, learn and enjoy photographing beautiful models in paradise. Once it’s sold-out, it’s sold-out!
Limited to only 8 photographers! You will work in teams of two, one model per team per half-day, two models per day. At the end of three days, you’ll have photographed up to four talented models. Though we’ve done this many times in Maui, but this is our only 2020 Maui workshop. We only do one per year in Hawaii.
The workshop is limited in size to ensure you get a better hands-on type of photography instruction. The format allows you to spend quality time with each model for amazing and unique photographs.
This workshop is open to photographers of all levels, beginners to advanced, 18-years or older, but it’s a first-come, first serve basis — once sold out, it’s sold out and might not be offered for sometime. Lighting equipment is provided, just bring your cameras, but you may bring your own lighting gear too, it’s up to you. It is very unique in format to ensure quality photography.
1. You must pay for your own lodging and travel, we’ll provide suggestions, though you’re free to stay where you want in Maui. We highly recommend the Kihei area and that you try AirBnB or Hotels.com. Plan to meet around 7:00 p.m. local time on Thursday. Details will be sent after registration as we get near the workshop dates. Be prepared to shoot all day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Departure is anytime Monday or when you choose people in the past have come early and stayed longer to enjoy Hawaii for a week.
Please rent a small vehicle for your travel around the island and to and from the workshop locations plus for your own enjoyment on your free time. While we’ll do our best to transport you if you do not have a rental vehicle, we cannot guarantee this part, as rental properties and hotels are scattered throughout the island. While you can bring your significant other, they are not allowed to photograph the models during the workshop sessions unless they secure a photographer’s registration with payment.
Click on the thumbnails below to enlarge photo for a greater viewing experience.
2. Bring your camera, DSLR or mirrorless. It must have a hotshoe (where your flash slides on top) or as a minimum, a pc connection for our studio flash. We provide all lighting equipment. Plus, we’ll mix natural daylight with tungsten and flash too.
3. You must have the passion to photograph up to four talented models. The type of photography is fashion, glamour, and beauty photography. You will have three days to photograph the models in all their beauty plus the local scenery.
4. While it’s intense, we have fun in this educational experience. Bring your coffee, as this is an energized workshop. Boredom is not an option!
5. For lenses, we recommend a lens focal range from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens will suffice. Anything in the 50-105mm range is a minimum. A back-up drive to download your images and/or laptop computer is recommended. If you have an older Sony (Minolta) camera, please ensure you have a hot shoe adapter or PC connection.
6. Professionalism is required, we’re there to capture beautiful images of talented models. If you have Pocket Wizard remotes, bring them too, though not required as we’ll have our own radio triggers. We’ll work with beauty dishes, softboxes, SUNBOUNCE reflectors, Sun-Swatter and the Sun-Cage plus more.
7. Some refreshments are provided but you are responsible for your meals, though we’ll provide suggestions. We also take a lunch break with recommendations.
If you can meet the requirements and you have the passion to create some beautiful, unique images that few photographers will ever have, this is the workshop and adventure for you. We accept payments securely through PayPal and have other options if you prefer.
Secure Your Spot Now, Bring a Guest at No Additional Fee
The early-bird fee is $1499 per photographer, normally $1999, you save $500 when you act now. There are no additional fees for your significant other, however, if you bring a guest, they must attend all safety briefings and they cannot photograph the models unless they register as a photographer. All attendees, photographers and their guests, understand this is an outdoor photography adventure and must take all measures to protect the existing environment and attend at their risk. If you decide to bring a guest, you must inform us in advance.
We’ve used PayPal securely now for almost two decades and recommend this secure payment option. If you prefer another method, please contact us at gophotog (insert at symbol here) gmail.com with your contact information and best time to call. PayPal also offers a six-month payment option plan. Secure your spot now for the Maui Glamour Photography Workshop with the “Buy Now” button below. Act now before the Maui Photography Adventure is sold-out as we keep this event petite. If you see the button secure PayPal button below, we still have room.
Secure Your Photographer Spot Now
We recommend you arrive at least one day or more early to Maui as our goal is meet for dinner on Thursday evening, the day before the actual photography sessions. Should your travel schedule not get you in by 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, we’ll all meet at a designated location on Friday morning. We ask that once you have your travel itinerary, that you email it to us so we’ll know when you’re arriving.
- Thursday – Arrive by 6:30 p.m. for dinner at designated location
- Friday – Photograph beautiful models in Hana at various locations. Dinner optional as a group.
- Saturday – Photograph beautiful models at beautiful locations with a mandatory lunch break. Dinner optional as a group.
- Sunday – Photograph beautiful models at beautiful locations with a mandatory lunch break. Dinner optional as a group.
- Monday – Depart on your leisure or stay extra days and enjoy Hawaii.
Click on the thumbnails below to enlarge photo for a greater viewing experience.
Photography Knowledge Requirement Level
This workshop is open to all levels, but places an emphasis that you seriously want to capture some great photos and take your photography up to the next level. Our only knowledge requirement is that you know how to turn the camera on, we’ll help you with the rest, from white balance to aperture settings and the best ISO and shutter speed settings too. Plus we’ll show you what to look for to get it right in the camera. You must be over 18-years of age to attend.
Our number one concern is your safety for our models and the entire group as a whole. When you sign up for the Maui Glamour Photography Workshop, you do so with the understanding that your safety is your responsibility, in layman’s terms, you are doing this photography adventure and workshop at your own risk and fully understand we are on natural land surrounded by nature, waterfalls, oceans, rocks, jungle, bamboo forest, etc. We do not control nature or Mother Nature and even though we provide a safety briefing on location, you accept and assume all responsibility for your safety and indemnify Rolando Gomez Photography and its employees, and/or Rolando Gomez from all liability when it comes to your safety and well-being. If you use common sense, you will not experience any safety issues, but understand, it’s your responsibility to stay and act safe and report anything unsafe.
You are free to bring a guest at no additional charge from us, with the understanding they will not interfere with the group while conducting photography. They are welcome to walk with us as we see the beautiful Maui island, though you are responsible for all their expenses, safety, and well being. They are also welcome at all meals which are your responsibility. They must attend mandatory safety briefings.
You must bring your own camera equipment and we recommend any mirrorless or DSLR digital camera, but bring what you are comfortable with. Your lens range should be from at least 24mm to 200mm. As a minimum, our favorite is an f/2.8, 70-200mm zoom lens. Prime lenses like an 85mm or 135mm are nice but not required. Bring a spare battery and plenty of digital storage cards and either a laptop or some type of drive to back up your photos each day.
We will provide all lighting gear to include portable studio flash plus SUNBOUNCE Pro and Mini reflectors with Silver, Zebra and Sparkling Sun fabric screens, the SUNBOUNCE Sun-Swatter and Sun-Cage, plus all C-stands and sand bags as needed.
Meals and Drinks
You are responsible for all your meals and drinks. The idea of not making this an “all-inclusive” event is this allows you to choose what you like, not what we like to eat or drink. This concept saves everyone money and allows everyone to order, eat and drink what they want. We also allow any photographer to purchase a meal for our models or assistants.
Model releases for this event are $100 per model at the end of the event ($400 total for the entire event when we have four models). These are mandatory releases, not optional like other workshops, paid on the last day of the event. Releases are for limited commercial, non-adult use. We provide the releases, no other releases allowed without clearing them with Rolando first.
Weather & Dress Code
You must be physically fit enough to walk at least one mile per day, so bring comfortable hiking shoes. Dress is casual clothes, long pants are best. The mornings and nights are a bit cool in the high 50’s Fahrenheit in June, and on average the highs don’t exceed 76-degrees Fahrenheit. Maui averages two days of rain in June. A hat, sunscreen and hiking shoes (for the waterfall portion) are highly recommend. We do not control Mother Nature, so if the weather turns Inclement, we will make arrangements to shoot indoors. We will not risk safety to attendees and personnel.
Cancellation Rules for the Maui Glamour Photography Workshop
This is a first-come, first-serve event limited in size, and because of the logistics that must be planned ahead of time, this is a non-cancel event; should you need to cancel, we will work with you to help you find a replacement, however, no guarantees and no refunds, though we’ll do our best to offer you some type of future credit. Because of the size and expenses associated with this limited style travel photography adventure, we cannot accept requests for refunds when the cancellation is on your behalf, though we will take each situation on a case-by-case basis and work with you the best we can. Don’t get left behind; don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity. It’s very limited in size, so don’t delay, act now before it’s sold-out!
A Rare Opportunity
These Maui photography workshops are conducted once per year and sell out as we limit the amount of photographers.
A Photography Adventure
The Maui Glamour Photography Workshop is a journey around the island with hands-on instruction.