Dates: Sept. 6-9, 2019
Location: Sonoma Coast/Napa areas
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We’re back in the Sonoma/Napa area of California for a “Wine and Vine” glamour model photography adventure. This is our fourth workshop in the area and each one keeps getting better. This time we’re visiting several wineries and vineyards right in the middle of harvest season making it a color photography experience complete with wine tasting too.
This is our VIP Experience where we keep it small when it comes to the size of the group, so you can enjoy the locations and get some great photos. Spouses are welcome too. It’s about the passionate to create masterpiece fine-art photos. We’ll focus on each individual and the group as a whole. The ratio is two photographers per model, but you’ll photograph each model before the adventure ends.
You’ll get to photograph up to four beautiful models during this VIP photography experience. This experience includes a resident expert photographer too. At the end of the day, we’ll do some wine tasting and learn about wines and the vineyards.
If you’d like, you may bring your spouse, though you are responsible for their transportation, meals, lodging, etc. They may join us for the shoots as long as they don’t interfere with the shooting process. We welcome everyone, as this is a photography adventure where you learn, capture great images and relax too. (Click on image below for Lightbox mode to view entire gallery.)
What to Expect in the VIP Experience—Sonoma Coast/Napa Photography Adventure
Expect to photograph beautiful models for two days at various wineries around the Sonoma/Napa area. We’ll start from the morning until evening, with a brief afternoon break for lunch. We provide the lighting gear while you provide your camera(s), lenses and digital storage devices. Bring any gear you think you need. Recommend 35mm lenses are those that cover at least a 70-200mm range, though a wide-angle lens is recommended too. You may bring your own lighting gear too.
Photographers must be at least 18 years of age and must be able to walk at least a city block while carrying their own equipment. You are responsible for all your lodging (we will provide hotel recommendations in the Santa Rosa/Napa area), meals, drinks, air fare, logistics, as the adventure price is only for our mentoring services, plus the talent we provide with Rolando as your instructor/mentor.
Please use the PayPal button below, it’s secure and we’ve used PayPal for over 18 years. Act now as this is a limited in size photography adventure and it’s a first-come, first-serve basis.
Itinerary for the VIP Experience—Sonoma Coast/NapaPhotography Adventure
Friday evening, around approximately 6:30 p.m., we’ll meet at a dinner location in Santa Rosa announced only to attendees for introductions and pertinent information. Model coordination will be conducted too. You are responsible for your food and beverage costs, though you may do your dinner before the meeting.
Saturday, plan for photographing beautiful models in a winery/vineyard the entire day with a mandatory lunch break. Hands-on instruction provided.
Sunday plan for photographing beautiful models in a winery/vineyard the entire day with a mandatory lunch break. Hands-on instruction provided.
Monday plan your departure as needed, as you can come early and stay later in the Sonoma Coast/Napa area, we leave that up to you. You can leave Sunday evening too if necessary.
Travel, Lodging, Etc. for the VIP Experience—Sonoma Coast/Napa Photography Adventure
You are responsible for all your travel to and from the Sonoma Coast. As a group we’ll work together on traveling from location to location. We will provide recommendations for lodging; you are responsible for your own lodging and meals. Plan near for or around the Santa Rosa area.
Additional Requirements for the VIP Experience—Sonoma Coast/Napa Photography Adventure
- You must be 18 years of age or older to attend.
- You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. You are also encouraged to bring your own flash units, or any lighting equipment you prefer, though we’ll provide equipment too. You must provide your own camera, lenses, and all accessories for your camera system.
- You must have the passion to photograph up to four beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is fashion, glamour, beauty, and nudes or implied nudes are possible, but limited. The target genre is what will make for the best fine art at the various locations. The ability for nude photography is left up to each individual model, not all models do nudes.
- These are long days, which means late dinners along with early mornings. There will be a little down time during the middle of the day to allow for lunch and the models to prepare for the next photo session.
- Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR, SLR, mirrorless, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images every evening and/or laptop computer is highly recommended. We will provide radio triggers for our battery packs, though not required, we recommend a standard or classic Pocket Wizard radio transmitter.
- Professionalism is required as we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models at beautiful locations. Safety is number one. We will have some fun and great times and capture some great photos.
- All sign-ups are non-refundable. Once you lock in a spot, we can only try to help you find someone to replace you if you cannot attend, however, there is no guarantee and so when you sign-up, plan accordingly so you will not have to cancel. We will look at each case individually should you need to cancel but if we make a favorable decision and can’t find you a replacement; we can only offer future photography adventure or workshop credits. These types of events require locked-in sign-ups due to their small size and prepaid costs.
- Please notify us of any special dietary needs.
- By signing up for this photography adventure, you do so at your own risk, and we are not responsible for any accidents and/or travel logistic issues you may incur with your transportation carriers. We require safety at all times and common sense. We will provide safety briefings as required.
Models and Expectations
Our models are professionals. Our photography adventure covers Fashion, Glamour, and Beauty photography. Not all models pose nude. Nude or implied nude photography will fall under the scope of glamour or fine-art nudes.
Models from the previous 18 years of our photography workshops and adventures include Playboy Playmates, an American Idol star, a Survivor TV show star, state beauty pageant winners, published magazine cover models and more. Our models and shoots are publication quality.
At the end of two days of shooting, the photographers will secure a release with each model for $100 per model, up to four models. Total model release fees are $400 paid once, for all three days of shooting. Photographers will photograph each model during the two-day shooting period. Models are rotated each day. Releases are provided and are for commercial, non-adult use.
Cancellation Rules for the VIP Experience—Sonoma Coast/Napa Photography Adventure
This is a first-come, first-serve event limited in size, and because of the logistics that must be ahead of time, this is a non-cancel event; should you need to cancel, we will work with you to help you find a replacement, however, no guarantees and no refunds, though we’ll do our best to offer you some type of future credit.
Because of the size and expenses associated with this limited style photography adventure, we cannot accept requests for refunds when the cancellation is on your behalf, though we will take each situation on a case-by-case basis and work with you the best we can. Don’t get left behind; don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity. It’s very limited in size, so don’t delay, act now before it’s sold-out!