Event: Moab, Fashion, Glamour, Beauty & the Nude Photography Workshop
Date: Arrive on Thursday, May. 17th, 2018, depart on Monday, May 21st, 2018
Venue: Moab, Utah
Ever want to get away, like to really get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and photograph beautiful models in the Moab desert? We’ve got an exclusive deal just for you that allows you to shoot & learn. Fly into either Salt Lake City, Utah or Grand Junction, Colorado, rent a car, prefer an SUV, and take the scenic drive down to Moab.
You can fly directly into Moab, but flights are very limited. Once there, stay at our recommend hotel, or a hotel of your choice, then be prepared to shoot for two and a half solid days in the Moab environment plus a half day of photo critiques of your work. This semi-private instruction workshop is very limited in size. If you haven’t seen my portfolio of images on RolandoGomez.com, called Moab Light, check it out now to get an idea what to expect.
1. You must pay for your own lodging, meals and travel, we’ll provide suggestions and our recommended hotel of choice. We already have rooms on hold should you consider our recommendation.
2. You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. We will provide some lighting equipment, but don’t hesitate to bring your on camera flash if you’d like, though not required.
3. You must have the passion to photograph up to four beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is fashion, glamour, beauty and nude photography. 4. These are long days, which means late dinners along with early mornings—you will get tired by the time you have to leave, but you will treasure every moment and leave with amazing photos.
Photographers love this workshop so much, five of the six photographers for our May 2016 photography workshop had attended our previous Moab photography workshops! Three of the May 2016 Moab photographers even signed up for May 2017 which sold-out as all previous eight years of Moab workshops! This is our most successful workshop ever.
5. Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR or SLR, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images every evening and/or laptop computer is highly recommended.
6. Professionalism is required, we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models in a remote, but beautiful location. Safety is number one.
7. The cost, $2499. Use the secure, PayPal button below for payment.
If you can meet the requirements and you have the passion to create some beautiful, unique images, this is the workshop for you. 2018 is a limited workshop schedule, so this is a first-come, first-serve event and due to limited photography slots, this workshop has a tighter cancellation policy (see below).
Model releases for this event is $100 per model at the end of the event ($400 total for the entire event). These are mandatory releases, not optional like other workshops, paid on the last day of the event. These releases are provided and allow you to use the images for commercial use and the only restriction is prohibitions for adult related material—nudes are artistic and glamour nude only.
This workshop is open to all levels, but places an emphasis that you seriously want to capture some great photos and take your photography up to the next level! You are required to arrive no later than 7:00 p.m., local time, in the Moab on a Thursday and meet at a central location that evening, then be prepared to shoot all day on Friday, Saturday and most of the day Sunday. Departure is on Monday on your own or when you choose.
Hotel recommendations will be provided, most hotels are close together and average from $120 to $170 per night but we have a preferred location that has a special workshop rate, revealed to you after booking your workshop slot. We have those rooms on hold ready to release to you. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, and lodging are not included.
This semi-private instruction workshop includes personal instruction from Rolando and use of his lighting gear along with the models and make-up. You are guaranteed to produce some great images you can be proud of. Cancellation rules apply as this is a first-come, first-serve event limited to six photographers only, but more specific cancellation policies are modified to include that should you be qualified for a refund or partial refund, there will be a 30-day waiting period.