Date: Nov. 2-7, 2017, Limited in Size!
Time: Sunrise to Sunset each day
Location: Jacó Area and More, Costa Rica
We’ve done over 47 “exotic location” model photography workshops since 2004 in the beautiful places of Cozumel, Maui, Virgin Islands, Rome, Bahamas, St. Maarten, and Costa Rica plus over 700 regional photography workshop in the past 16 years in places like Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Boston and many more areas.
Rolando has visited Costa Rica many times and has the right locations that will support our “Glamour, Beauty & The Nude” photography workshops format in the most efficient manner, and it’s limited to eight photographers who will photograph four beautiful models!
The workshop is based out of the Jacó Beach area and lodging recommendations are available. Meals and drinks are not included, but we do this as a group and know the best locations. Some free time is built in to the schedule too so you can enjoy the sites. Feel free to come early or stay longer, that’s up to you, we can meet you at the airport or in Jaco.
The workshop includes transportation to and from the San Jose airport to Jacó, which is approximately an hour drive. Photographers will spend three days photographing models on a special secluded area of Hermosa Beach, the rain forest, Jaco Beach, and much, much more. Throughout the entire workshop, Rolando will provide hands-on instruction to all photographers.
You will arrive on Thursday, Nov. 2nd and our departure day is the following Tuesday, Nov. 7th. Limited to eight photographers who will shoot in teams of two photographers per one model, photographing four models for three days, Friday through Sunday. Monday is an optional private shoot day where you can book models by the hour for your exclusive shooting at an additional rate.
Each photographer will take turns shooting and assisting one another in their specific, two-man team. All photographers will photograph all four models during the workshop. At the end of the official workshop shooting days, Sunday evening, we’ll do mandatory model releases, paid to the models, at the rate of $80 per model for a total of $320. This money goes directly to the model 100-percent.
The early-bird price for this photography workshop is $1999 and allows you to save $500 now! The secure PayPal button below anchors your price now! If you see a PayPal button below, a photographer’s slot is still available.
Arrive between noon and 5 p.m. at the Costa Rica, San Jose airport on Thursday, Dec. 1st. Any later arrivals require an additional $100 transportation surcharge due to scheduling. You will be transported via private transportation to the Jacó area, hotels are recommended prior to the workshop.
Thursday evening, around approximately 7 p.m., we’ll have dinner for the entire group at a local restaurant. At this dinner, introductions, photographer and teams will be paired and numbered, plus pertinent information will be released. Make-up call times will be given to the models, shooting times and locations coordinated.
Friday morning, first shoot location, one model per team. After a short afternoon lunch break, models will rotate so each team will have a new model to work with for their late afternoon/evening sunset shoots. This shoot is at another location ideal for sunsets.
Saturday will be the same as Friday, with the exception the teams will work with two additional models.
Sunday morning is an intensive critique session for the entire group, no shooting. We’ll pick up the shooting part late afternoon and we’ll wrap up the workshop part after sunset including distributing model releases.
Monday all day, private shoots based on a first-come, first-serve booking and must end by sunset when we have our closing ceremonies and final dinner, not to mention allow time for a few farewell drinks.
Tuesday, transport to the San Jose airport via private transportation. Please book your return flights anytime from noon to late afternoon departures as you must allow at least one hour to the airport, plus at least two hours for international flights—nobody wants to get up too early after the “casting party” atmosphere on Monday night. Anyone who must depart to the airport before 10:00 a.m., as we have to run groups of people to the airport, will be charged a small surcharge for individual service.
Should you desire to arrive before the workshop, stay after the workshop, or both, please let us know and we’ll meet you in Jacó.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older. You must provide your own transportation to San Jose, Costa Rica and arrive before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1st., 2016, as outlined in the above workshop description. Airport code is SJO. You are responsible for most meals and drinks.
2. You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. We will make available Hensel battery portable lighting equipment and California Sunbounce reflectors. You may bring your own flash units, or any lighting equipment you prefer. You must provide your own camera, lenses, and all accessories for your camera system.
3. You must have the passion to photograph up to four beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is glamour and nude photography for some models.
4. These are long days, which means late dinners along with early mornings—you will get tired by the time you have to leave, but you will treasure every moment and leave with amazing photos. There will be some mandatory down time during the middle of the day to allow models to prepare for the next shoot after lunch. Use this time to recharge your camera batteries, download your images to your storage devices/computer, etc.
5. Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR or SLR, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images every evening and/or laptop computer is highly recommended. We will provide radio triggers for our battery packs, though not required, we recommend a standard or classic Pocket Wizard radio transmitter if you have one, if you don’t, no worries.
6. Professionalism is required as we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models in a remote, but beautiful location. Safety is number one. While there is time to socialize and relax within the group, we are not there on a bachelor party. We will have some fun and great times, but the focus is great photos!
7. All sign-ups are non-refundable. Once you lock in a spot, we can only try to help you find someone to replace you if you cannot attend, however, there is no guarantee and so if you sign-up, plan accordingly so you will not have to cancel. We will look at each case individually should you need to cancel. These types of workshops require locked-in sign-ups due to their small size and prepaid costs.
8. Please notify us of any special dietary needs. In addition, please check with your doctor, travel agency, etc., what vaccinations, if any, you might need before attending. Costa Rica is a great and safe place and not as third-world as other countries. Thousands of U.S. citizens have moved and live in Costa Rica. Many people retire there because of its beauty and low costs. Normally you must have at least six months left on your passport, if you don’t, simply renew your passport before travel.
9. By signing up for this workshop, you do so at your own risk, meaning, we are not responsible for any accidents. We require safety at all times and common sense. We will provide safety briefings as required.
Model releases are mandatory as outlined in the workshop description above. Monday, Nov. 6th, is a private shoot day booked on a first-come-first-serve basis during the workshop part, before Monday. It’s based on an hourly rate of $100 per hour. Monday is not required, you can just relax and enjoy the property or Costa Rica on your own, however, we recommend take what you’ve learned, along with your favorite location, and apply it for your private shoots. Get some great images if you’ve traveled this far!
Cancellation rules apply as this is a first-come, first-serve event limited in size. In addition, this is a non-cancel event, so should you need to cancel, we will work with you help you find a replacement, however, no guarantees, though we’ll offer some type of future workshop credit. Because of the size and expenses associated with this limited style workshop, we cannot accept requests for refunds when the cancellation is on your behalf, though we will take each situation on a case by case basis and work with you the best we can. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity. We can’t allow too many people on the property, it’s very limited in size, so don’t delay, act now an save before prices go up!