Date: June 15 – 20, 2017, Limited to ten photographers who will photograph up to five models!
Time: Sunrise to Sunset each day
Location: St. Martin/St. Maarten
Prices: $1499 Early-Bird Pricing! Act Today and Save $1,000 Now!
We’re in our 17th year of photography workshops including our “exotics” in the beautiful places of Cozumel, Maui, Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Moab, St. Martin/St. Maarten and others. This photography workshop offers unique photo opportunities around the island with our gorgeous models while still being able to kick back in the evenings to enjoy St. Maarten various shooting locations, from beaches to balconies as jets fly by.
We work in two-man teams to ensure one model per team of photographers and the models are rotated over a three day period, plus we allow one optional day of private shooting scheduled with the models of your choice.
Take photo at famous beaches like Orient Beach on the French side of the islands and Maho beach on the Dutch side of the island, then in enjoy a mojito while watching jumbo jets land almost in front of you at the beachfront Sunset Bar & Grill. While photographers are required to provide their own lodging, we recommend the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort and Casino next to Maho beach with a “pool/ocean view” if possible or the hotel Alegrio.
Maho beach is less than a five-minute walk from the hotel though we’ll have transportation take us to other areas on both the French and Dutch sides of St. Martin/St. Maarten. Beaches, models, sunsets, and more, you can’t go wrong if you want some great model photos while enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of this beautiful islands that is half French and half Dutch.
You can also do a search on Hotels.com for best prices of nearby hotels if you choose not to stay at hotels near Maho Beach. St. Maarten is a tropical paradise to remember and provides a setting that allows for the group to bond and create great photos and there are plenty of hotels and vacation rentals throughout the island at reasonable rates.
Our daily meeting location is on Maho Beach near the airport and a quick taxi ride though some previous workshop attendees have rented cars to enjoy the island during their stay. Plan your arrival on Thursday, June 15, and departure June 20th on the following Tuesday. Though in previous workshops, many photographers come early and stay later to explore the amazing photography opportunity the island offers as well as nearby islands that are quick ferry, plane or boat ride away. The airport code is SXM (Princess Juliana International Airport). Photographers will spend three days photographing models on special beach areas, plus Maho Beach. Throughout the entire workshop, Rolando will provide hands-on instruction to all photographers. Some lighting equipment is provided, but feel free to bring some of your own, like an on-camera flash too.
Limited to ten photographers photographing up to five models for three days, Friday through Sunday. Monday is an optional private shoot day, where you can book models by the hour for your exclusive shooting. Each photographer will take turns shooting and assisting one another in their specific, two-man teams. All photographers will photograph all five models during the workshop. If only eight photographers sign up, then we’ll adjust and have four models. All adjustments are made to ensure a two photographer to one model ratio as these are planned shoots, not group shoots.
There will also be one critique, four-hour session for the entire group of photographers. At the end of the official workshop shooting days, Sunday evening, we’ll do mandatory model releases, paid to the models, at the rate of $100 per model for a total of up to $500. This money goes directly to the model 100-percent.
The early-bird price is $1499 that includes a $1,000 savings now from the regular price of $2499! We’ve used PayPal securely for 17-years now, with no problems. Please use the button below for securing your shooting spot now before they are all gone.
We prefer you arrive between noon and 6 p.m. on Thursday, and plan for your departure on the following Tuesday from noon on, as we’ll have a late night social gathering on Monday. Traveling through the St. Martin/St. Maarten airport is easy with only a passport required.
Thursday evening, around approximately 7 p.m., we’ll meet at the resort for dinner for the entire group. At this dinner, introductions and pertinent information will be released. Make-up call times will be given to the models, shooting times and locations coordinated. You are responsible for your food and beverage costs.
Friday plan for shooting the entire day with a mandatory lunch/afternoon break. This allows for morning and evening light shooting. First location is Maho beach.
Saturday plan for shooting the entire day with a mandatory lunch/afternoon break. This allows for morning and evening light shooting. Beach locations to be determined the night before.
Sunday plan for shooting the entire day with a mandatory lunch/afternoon break. This allows for morning and evening light shooting. Beach locations to be determined the night before. Model releases are done at the end of the day on Sunday.
Monday all day, private shoots based on a first-come, first-serve booking and must end by 7 p.m. followed by a nice social gathering.
Tuesday, transport to the airport. Please book your return flights for noon to late afternoon departures as you must allow travel time to the airport, plus at least two hours for international flights—nobody wants to get up too early after the “casting party” atmosphere on Monday night.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older. You must provide your own transportation to the Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) and arrive before 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2017, as outlined in the above workshop description. Please check your passport requirements, as you are responsible for the required official documents to arrive.
2. You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. We will have some lighting equipment. You are also encouraged to bring your own flash units, or any lighting equipment you prefer. You must provide your own camera, lenses, and all accessories for your camera system.
3. You must have the passion to photograph up to five beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is fashion, glamour, and beauty. The ability for nude photography is left up to each individual model, not all models do nudes, not all locations allow for nude photography.
4. These are long days, which means late dinners along with early mornings—you will get tired by the time you have to leave, but you will treasure every moment and leave with amazing photos. There will be some mandatory down time during the middle of the day to allow models to prepare for the next shoot after lunch. Use this time to recharge your camera batteries, download your images to your storage devices/computer, etc.
5. Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR, Mirrorless, or SLR, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images every evening and/or laptop computer is highly recommended. We will provide radio triggers for our battery packs, though not required, we recommend a standard or classic Pocket Wizard radio transmitter, again, not required.
6. Professionalism is required as we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models in a remote, but beautiful location. Safety is number one. We will have some fun and great times, but the focus is great photos!
7. All sign-ups are non-refundable. Once you lock in a spot, we can only try to help you find someone to replace you if you cannot attend, however, there is no guarantee and so if you sign-up, plan accordingly so you will not have to cancel. We will look at each case individually should you need to cancel. These types of workshops require locked-in sign-ups due to their small size and prepaid costs.
8. Please notify us of any special dietary needs. In addition, please check with your doctor, travel agency, etc., what vaccinations, if any, you might need before attending.
9. By signing up for this workshop, you do so at your own risk, meaning, we are not responsible for any accidents and/or travel logistic issues you may incur with your transportation carriers. We require safety at all times and common sense. We will provide safety briefings as required.
Model releases are mandatory as outlined in the workshop description above. Monday, June 19th is a private shoot day booked on a first-come-first-serve basis during the workshop part, before Monday. It’s based on an hourly rate of $100 per hour. Monday is not required, you can just relax and enjoy the island on your own, however, we recommend take what you’ve learned, along with your favorite location, and apply it for your private shoots. Get some great images if you’ve traveled this far!
Cancellation rules apply as this is a first-come, first-serve event limited in size, this is a non-cancel event, so should you need to cancel, we will work with you help you find a replacement, however, no guarantees and no refunds, though we’ll offer some type of future workshop credit. Because of the size and expenses associated with this limited style workshop, we cannot accept requests for refunds when the cancellation is on your behalf, though we will take each situation on a case by case basis and work with you the best we can. Don’t get left behind, don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity. We can’t allow too many people on the property, it’s very limited in size, so don’t delay, act now an save before prices go up!