Date: 9/26-30/13, 2013 (Arrive on Thursday, Sept. 26th, 2013, depart on Monday, Sept. 30th.)
Venue: Moab, Utah
Details: All previous Moab workshops sell out fast! May 2013 workshop is already sold-out!
Note: This workshop is limited in size. Back by popular demand!
Ever want to get away, like to really get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and photograph six beautiful nude models in the Moab desert? We’ve got an exclusive deal just for you.
Fly into either Salt Lake City or Grand Junction, rent a car, prefer an SUV or 4-wheel-drive truck, and take the scenic drive down to Moab. You can fly directly into Moab, but flights are very limited. Once there, stay at our recommend hotel, or a hotel of your choice, then be prepared to shoot for three solid days in the Moab environment. This semi-private instruction workshop is limited to only four photographers, and an assistant.
If you haven’t seen my portfolio of images on RolandoGomez.com, called Moab Light, check it out now to get an idea what to expect.
Here are the particulars:
1. You must pay for your own lodging, meals and travel, we’ll provide suggestions.
2. You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. We will make available battery portable lighting equipment and California Sunbounce reflectors.
3. You must have the passion to photograph up to five beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is glamour and nude photography for most models.
4. These are long days, which means late dinners along with early mornings—you will get tired by the time you have to leave, but you will treasure every moment and leave with amazing photos.
5. Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR or SLR, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images every evening and/or laptop computer is highly recommended.
6. Professionalism is required, we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models in a remote, but beautiful location. Safety is number one.
7. The cost, $2499. Only five photographers! Use the secure, PayPal button below for payment.
We’ve used PayPal now for over 13-years securely! If you prefer a different payment method, please contact me with all your contact information including phone number and best time to call.
If you can meet the requirements and you have the passion to create some beautiful, unique images, this is the workshop for you. While this is our seventh trip to the Moab, this is only our sixth workshop style shoot in the Moab and Rolando is limiting his workshop schedule for 2013, so this is a very unique opportunity as there will not be many for quite sometime. This is a first-come, first-serve event and due to limited slots, this workshop has a tighter cancellation policy (see below).
Model releases for this event is $100 per model at the end of the event ($500 total for the entire event). These are mandatory releases, not optional like other workshops, paid on the last day of the event. These releases are provided and allow you to use the images for commercial use and the only restriction is prohibitions for adult related material—nudes are artistic and glamour nude only. We will try to allow time for private shooting if preplanned in advance, though this time, if available, will be very limited and additional compensation will be necessary for the talent. This workshop is open to all levels, but places an emphasis that you seriously want to capture some great photos and take your photography up to the next level!
You are required to arrive no later than 7:00 p.m., local time, in the Moab on a Thursday and meet at a central location that evening, then be prepared to shoot all day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Departure is on Monday on your own or when you choose. Hotel recommendations will be provided, most hotels are close together and average from $100 to $150 per night but we have a preferred location that has a special workshop rate, but only revealed to you upon booking your workshop slot. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and lodging are not included.
This semi-private instruction workshop includes personal instruction from Rolando and use of his lighting gear along with the models and make-up. You are guaranteed to produce some great images you can be proud of. Cancellation rules apply as this is a first-come, first-serve event limited to five photographers only, but more specific cancellation policies are modified to include that should you be qualified for a refund or partial refund, there will be a 30-day waiting period.